No Time Limit (NTL) BRP Application
A No Time Limit application allows those who have old-style immigration documents or those who have lost them to upgrade to a biometric residence permit (BRP) which can be used to confirm their existing UK immigration status.
From 6 April 2022, it will be free for those with indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK to make a No Time Limit application, the Home Office has announced. (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fee-removed-for-no-time-limit-applications)
NTL is an administrative process by which a person with indefinite leave to enter (ILE) or indefinite leave to remain (ILR) can apply for confirmation of this status on a BRP. A person who has ILE or ILR is free of immigration time restrictions and considered to be ‘settled’ in the UK (if ordinarily resident).
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.
What are the benefits to apply for NTL?
Has enhanced security features which cannot be found on an old-style vignette (sticker) which means there is less chance of it being used fraudulently by another person.
- is evidence that a person has the right to stay permanently in the UK and has a right to work and access certain benefits
- it enables individuals to prove their right to work or rent using the Home Office online checking services, which are simple and secure and will need to be used by BRP holders from 6 April 2022
- will facilitate travel to and from the UK
Requirements for No Time Limit (NTL) applications?
To qualify for an NTL BRP, the applicant must:
- have indefinite leave to enter (ILE) or indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK, including those who were considered ‘settled’ in the UK on or before 1 January 1973
- have not lost their ILE or ILR (for example by being absent from the UK for a continuous period of 2 years or more since 2000)
- continue to be entitled to ILE or ILR (for example the ILE/ILR has not been or will not be revoked)
- apply from within the UK using an NTL application form
People who are not eligible to apply
- is a British citizen
- has the right of abode in the UK
- is an Irish citizen
- is a European Economic Area (EEA) national or their family member who acquired a right of permanent residence under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 before they were revoked on 31 December 2020 subject to certain savings provisions
- is an EEA national or their family member who has been granted status under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- has been granted permission on the British National (Overseas) (BN(O)) route
No Time Limit (NTL) application processing time
No Time Limit (NTL) applications usually take 6 months however, you may get a faster decision from the Home Office in a straightforward case.
Solicitor fees for NTL application
We charge a fixed fee starting from £400 - £700 + VAT for our professional legal services in relation to the NTL application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters