Family Visitor Visa UK
If you want to apply for a UK Family Visitor visa then we can provide legal advice and assistance with your UK Family Visitor visa application. Contact us for case assessment, eligibility requirements & supporting documents.
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.
What is a UK Family Visitor visa?
UK Family Visitor visa is a short-term visitor visa that allows you to visit your friends or family members in the UK. With a UK Family Visitor visa, you can have a short-term stay in the UK of no longer than 6 months (or 180 days) per visit.
The Family Visitor visa has been replaced with the Standard Visitor visa. Your friends or family members need to apply for the UK Standard Visitor visa so they can visit you in the UK.
What are the requirements for a UK Family Visitor visa?
To qualify for a UK Family Visitor visa you must satisfy the following requirements:
- You need to show that you're a genuine visitor and you'll leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- You've enough money to support yourself and your dependants during your trip;
- You're able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey);
- You'll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.
What documents are required for a UK Family Visitor visa?
If you want to apply for a Family Visitor visa UK, you must provide the following documents in support of your application:
- Current passport and/or travel documents;
- 2 passport size colour photographs;
- Travel dates and other details;
- Confirmation of accommodation booking or proof of the address (if staying with your family member/ friend);
- Proof of finances such as bank statements or pay slips covering a 6-month period;
- Proof of earnings such as a letter from the employer confirming your job details and salary;
- Your current home address and how long you’ve lived there;
- Your parents’ names and dates of birth (if known);
- Details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you may have committed.
Depending on your circumstances, you might also need to provide additional documents such as details of your travel history for the past 10 years, a certificate proving that you've had a tuberculosis (TB) test etc.
Family Visitor visa UK sponsor
If someone else (your sponsor) is providing your travel, maintenance or accommodation you should provide evidence showing:
- what support is being provided and whether it extends to any dependent family
- how this support is being provided
- the relationship between you and the sponsor, for example if they're your family member or your employer)
- the person supporting you is legally in the UK (if applicable), for example if they have a British passport or residence document
UK Family Visitor visa sponsorship letter
Your sponsor should include the following information in their Family visitor visa sponsorship letter.
- Full name and date of birth of the sponsor;
- Full contact details and UK residential address of the sponsor;
- Sponsor's occupation details;
- Sponsor's own UK immigration status;
- Full name and date of birth of the applicant;
- Full contact details and address of the applicant;
- Describe the relationship between the sponsor and the visa applicant eg employer, friend, family member etc.
- Reasons for the applicant's visit to the UK;
Applicant's travel details including length of stay, accommodation and how they intend to financially support themselves during their stay;
Invite parents to visit UK
You can invite your parents to the UK if they want to visit you for a short period of time (up to 6 months). Your parents need to apply for a UK Standard Visitor visa.
Your parents must also meet all the eligibility requirements of the UK Standard Visitor visa as described above.
UK Visitor visa processing time 2022
Normally, it takes 3 weeks to get a decision on a UK Standard Visitor visa application however, Standard visitor visa applications are currently taking on average 6 weeks to process.
UKVI is prioritising Ukraine Visa Scheme applications. Applications for Standard Visitor visas may take up to 6 weeks to process.
Family Visitor visa UK fees
The Home Office fees for a UK Family Visitor visa application is £100 (6 Month visa). If you visit the UK regularly you can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa instead.
UK Family Visitor visa solicitors fees
For UK Family Visitor visa applications, our experienced immigration solicitors charge a fixed fee starting from £700 - £1200 for our professional legal services. The agreed fixed-fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
In case of visitor visa refusal, we charge £800 - £1400 to challenge the refusal letter.
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters